Sunday, October 14, 2007

The Journey Begins




Blurry Bad Car Pictures taken as we cross the POTOMAC river into
MARYLAND!! Guess where we are going!!

This weekend was Stitches East and FINALLY I got to go and see what it is all about. Let me tell you...it is about knitting and yarn and fiber and patterns galore. The Stitches Market was a mecca- at least for this knitter. I have been to the Va Fall Fiber Festival and the Spring Fiber Festival at Sedalia but they did nothing to prepare me for this. It was in a word -overwhelming.

First tho- we had to get there. Knitting pals Pam, Becky and I left home about 7am heading North. Our plan was to go to Glen Burnie, MD and take the Lite Rail from there to downtown Baltimore. WHAT FUN!! I have never ridden a train! When we arrive at the station and park way back in the parking lot the train takes off before we can buy our tickets at the little automated booths. It was my understanding that the trains ran every 30 minutes allowing me time to walk back to the car and get my medicine. Then I realized that I really needed to use the ladies room but alas there were none to be found. Then I spotted the Golden Arches across the busy street. I had plenty of time and I started to limp on over there. The traffic light kept that hand on the sign and never gave me the ok to wait sign. I finally just took a chance. I was very very fast in Micky D's and as I walked out I heard the whistle of the train and it pulled up!! OH NO!! I am on the other side of a busy street and I already knew I wouldn't get the little walk sign! I walked as fast as I could which isn't very fast these days and then I almost ran across the street. I couldn't let my friends down- we had YARN to see ! Well I made the train and what an experience that was. A woman walked up to the drivers door and asked her if she had time to go to McDonald's. I could have answered that one for her NO!! Those trains wait for no one.


Pam is settling into her seat on the train.


Some views from the train, some better than others....


A view of the Convention as we wait for the train that will carry us back to the car at the Cromwell Station. I have to say I think that this was the best way to get there. No parking hassles. There was a marathon going on at the same time and I noticed that the streets did not even seem to be open at the time of our arrival



Unfortunately Stitches doesn't allow pictures inside so I kinda lost interest in taking more pictures but here is our picture from Stitches LIVE



Stay tuned tomorrow if you are interested in seeing all the goodies that the three of us managed to take away.

3 Comments:

Blogger Mary said...

Glad you had fun. I love the train, and wish I could have figured out a way to take it this time. At least I could park at the hotel where I stayed.... I'm glad I ran into Pam, but am sorry I didn't get to see you and Becky. Oh well! Looking forward to hearing about the rest of your trip. :-)

11:08 PM  
Blogger Annie said...

One of these days I'll make it to Stitches SomeDirection. Glad you had a great time!

I'll think of you when I'm at Rhinebeck this weekend.(Runs and hides)

11:15 PM  
Blogger Dana said...

Wow, it sounds like you had quite the adventure! That's really wonderful and I am looking forward to seeing what you bought. Please post soon. ;)

9:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Primary Pulmonary Hypertension
Primary Pulmonary Hypertension