Tuesday, January 03, 2006

I Can't Believe It!

I just can't believe it. What an awesome start to the New Year. I could barely work I was so excited. It was like winning the lottery....the Grand Prize of Yarn Lottery. WHAT has me so excited.
I WON CARA of JANUARY ONE's Grand Finale BIRTHDAY PRIZE!! ME! I was the grand prize winner. I had really been coveting that "Prove it all night Socks That Rock yarn. I had even been surfing the net looking to see if I could buy some. I collect snowmen of all types so I thought that those cute little snowmen stitch markers had my name all over them but I never dreamed that I would win. I'd hoped and I'd even thought about it but when I saw an email from Cara this morning I just didn't think it could be true! But except for reading her blog and maybe commenting about the Jaywalker A Long I didn't know Cara so I started to get excited even before I opened it. She made my day, possibly my year! What an awesome generous prize and to celebrate HER birthday...she is giving the gifts. She is truly deserving of that Tiara as she is royalty in my book and I wish her all the best both now and all year!!

I thought I might get fired if I didn't shut up about winning. I think most of the people I work with didn't understand about the knitting blog and how you start to feel that you know people even when you never have met them.They were glad I won but weren't real sure how one wins something on the internet. They just don't know knitters. Well I sure hope to meet Cara someday so I can thank her in person. Maybe Maryland?

I am not sure that I am coherent even now. Definitely Jaywalkers Cara...for sure.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are very, very welcome! I'm so glad you are so happy! It really makes the whole thing worth it. HAPPY NEW YEAR!

10:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's awesome! The only thing I've ever won was a free bottle of Snapple -- this is infinitely better! I can't wait to see the Jaywalkers!

9:02 PM  
Blogger Suzanne said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!

I have been kinda hoarding some Socks that Rock from MDDS&W--I just started Jaywalkers with it. It is Fabulous--you will love it too!

8:13 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

Congrats on winning! I've not checked Cara's blog since before New Year's, and was wondering who won -- I'm glad it's a fellow Virginia knitter!

-Mary
http://marysvirginwool.blogspot.com/

7:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Primary Pulmonary Hypertension
Primary Pulmonary Hypertension