Tuesday, December 27, 2005

December...Not a good month for Blogging

at least it wasn't for me. What can I say? Work was filled with many special events that I either was in charge of or had to attend. There was much to be done both at work and at home. Home got a lonely pink tinsel tree....work got 7 trees and much decorating. There was a frenzy of Christmas knitting and shopping in those last few days before Christmas and as in year's past it all got done by Christmas morning. This year the time frame got out of kilter by my having to shop for a dryer. Mine died after 15 really good years and all of you know that a Mother of three boys cannot LIVE without a dryer.

Let's see ....how much Christmas knitting was completed ontime. The cupcake hats for the visiting girls from Australia ...CHECK! Isn't that the cutest thing you ever saw...all in pink?
Mom's scarf out of mohair and ...CHECK! I gave it to her before I took a picture. The buttonhole bag for the Mum from Australia...CHECK. Things not checked were sister's fingerless mittens...only lacking a few rows on the end and the short little thumb. Dad's homespun scarf...one skein down and one to go. I am knitting that out of some Homespun from HollySpring Homespun and it is wonderful to knit, subtle color changes and some texture changes but so soft and lovely. If he doesn't love it I am going to "sneak " it back.

This is a picture of both of the hats I made. I got the pattern from Chili Con Yarne. I was really pleased with how it knitted up. Once you were past the "nubbies" it was a very quick knit. The pattern calls for worsted acrylic but I just couldn't do it. I used Peace Fleece that had neat little colored flecks in it, I thought it made it look like sprinkles.

How was your Holiday?Hope it was wonderful!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Emmy,the hats are adorable!! They really do look like cupcakes. I will have to remember that for next year for my little grandaughters. You are amazing.

Beth P.

8:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Emmy, the cupcake hats are gorgeous!! You did a wonderful job - are you sure you're a new knitter?

Carol

3:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The hats! The hats! What lucky little girls! Hope your 2005 leaves lots of time for restful knittig and blogging!

12:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh I have been wanting to make those adorable hats!! Great job! they look beautiful~!

6:12 PM  
Blogger Suzanne said...

Love those cupcakes! I made one too for a wee kiddie this winter, but yours look much firmer and shaplier. What could be cuter than a smiling child in a silly hat?

Fabulous!

9:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Primary Pulmonary Hypertension
Primary Pulmonary Hypertension