Wednesday, February 28, 2007

OBX ... A Knitter's Weekend

As usual I am a day (or more!) late and a dollar short but before the week is over I am determined to post about this wonderful past weekend. This weekend was the brainchild of my dear friend and fellow knitting fiend Pam. Our other cohorts in crime er knitting were Robin and Mary. In a way it was somwhat unusual because three out of the four of us have blogs. Unusual for me in that I try to be the one TAKING the pictures and NOT the other way around.Visit Robin and Mary for their "take " on the weekend and lots of pictures. Pam was most indulgent of her blogging companions and was very patient when we had to pull over on the busy highway to take a picture of the sunset.


Blogging the blogger as she captures the sunset.



Here we go....






On Friday I drove to Pam's and lucky me! she drove to the Outer Banks. This meant that I got knitting in the car time which is almost unheard of for me. I am our family's main driver for trips. I got some "sea bands" to try since I tend towards carsickness. I do think they worked. I knit on Lizzy the whole way. I have about a half a sleeve to go! Pam and I went to the Beach house first because we had to turn the water on and we wanted to be sure to do that in the light of day. The way we looked having to get down on the ground to turn the main valve it might have been better in the dark. Fortunately at this time the camera was still in the car.




The view from our Beach House.

Mary gave us a holler as she came across the bridge and found herself at Knitting Addiction. Pam and I abandoned the freshly popped popcorn and hurried to meet up with Mary. If you have not been to Knitting Addiction I highly recommend it. The owner and her staff are awesome. There is a wide selection of yarn and patterns as well as many knitted samples. Jeannie the owner also wears lots of the samples and I blame her for the patterns I HAD to purchase. She has a nice comfy area for sitting and knitting. Friday afternoon I bought the Fall INTERWEAVE KNITS- I know you can't believe that I didn't have it but I didn't and there are several things that I would like one day to make.



When Robin joined the 'merry band" we immediately hurried off to dinner at The Flying Fish. This was a nice restaurant but I didn't make a good menu choice and the service got off to a bad start and kept going downhill. WHY didn't I know that Gorgonzola cheese was the same thing as bleu cheese ?? After dinner we hurried home to put on our jammies and get down to the knitting. That is afterall what we had come for......

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That does sound like a fantastic weekend!

10:33 AM  
Blogger IndigoMuse said...

Sounds like a great time. I haven't been to the Outer Banks in years.

Tanya

1:41 PM  
Blogger Life's a Stitch said...

That is a dream weekend by my standards!
Li

10:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Such a great time!!!

2:30 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

Waiting on pins and needles for what will happen next! ;-)

Ditto w/ Robin - a great time! I started knitting w/ my Ellyn Cooper's yarn today -- fun!

3:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Primary Pulmonary Hypertension
Primary Pulmonary Hypertension