Wednesday, June 28, 2006

It's Here! It's Really Here!

After months ( or what seemed like MONTHS !)of waiting for my turn the YARN ABOARD box made its way to my part of Virginia. It has been many many miles on it's adventure.





This is a list of all the places it has been.

At each stop it has been filled with beautiful yarns and sent on to the next person to share the joy of fiber.

The box is looking a bit worse for wear but fortunately somewhere along the way it has received a sturdy outer shell USPS box.


The Yarn Aboard Box came from the Bronx in NYC! I have never been to NYC so the postcards and goodies from the city are greatly appreciated. And the yarn! Nancy sent two different yarns both in the gorgeous bright colors that I so love!!

I have never knitted with either one so that makes me love them even more!! There was candy that she got when she was in Iceland. Sorry it didn't make it to the picture! and the zoo magnet and the Susan Bates set of dpn's in those hard to find really small sizes.....THANK YOU!!

The Yarn Aboard Box is empty now and tomorrow I will send it off with goodies to the next lucky recipient. I have a picture of the box packed with the goodies that I am sending but since the list of participants is dwindling now I don't want to ruin the surprise....so that picture will have to come later.

Thanks AMANDA for a great swap. I am looking forward to version 2 !

7 Comments:

Blogger Nancy Wetmore-Mathews said...

I can't wait to see how those yarns knit up. They are both very cool colorways.

Enjoy!

10:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yummy looking yarn!

1:28 PM  
Blogger Carola said...

Ooohhh! This looks like a box full of goodies! Beautiful yarn! Needles are of course also a very handy treat for sock knitters. Strange, that I didn't think of that when it was my turn! Have fun.

3:17 PM  
Blogger Charity said...

Wow, that sounds like a lot of fun... what a nice treat!

12:10 AM  
Blogger Phoebe said...

Thanks so much for the beautiful yarn! I was so very psyched to see the Vesper and I have the perfect person to knit socks for the Trekking! It was so nice to see the package at the door when we returned from vactaion in north Georgia!

7:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How funny to click over here following the Saturday Sky (which is great, btw) link and see the radio box with my hometown on it (Norman, OK).

Small, small knitting world!!

3:44 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

Okay, Emmy - what's that blue sock yarn in the box? I'm intrigued!

9:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Primary Pulmonary Hypertension
Primary Pulmonary Hypertension