Tuesday, June 20, 2006

"Oh What A Beautiful Morning....

...oh what a beautiful day!!! It is just glorious here today. I couldn't wait to get up and get outside and enjoy the cool morning air and the chirping birds. I am on vacation today and I was up and out at 6:40 AM!!! I don't do that on weekdays. nope not me!

I've got the laptop outside and I have fixed a couple of obvious typos from last night although I did leave alone the crazy stuff I typed while asleep. I have been knitting on my socks and drinking my coffee and now before it is time to go down to the dock and sun for one more day I am going to do my Knit Sock Kit Swap questionaire. Here it is!

What are your favorite colors?
I love blues and greens and I love them together. Lime green and turqouise. I love bright vibrant colors. Pink, orange, purple .....

Are you a new sock knitter?
Sorta...the most difficult pattern I have tried to date is the Jaywalker and we all know how hard that is..NOT!
How long have you been knitting socks?
I finished my first pair last summer. I have only actually finished two and a half pair. But I have lots of wip's

Do you prefer solid or multicolored yarn?
I LOVE multicolored, stripes and I don't mind pooling. I think it adds interest to a sock. The one I am working on right now is pooling just lovely!

What fibers do you prefer in sock yarn?
Any yarn that I can use a size 2 or 3 needle. I don't do 0's and I am stalled on my Jaywalkers that are on the 1's. I usually use wool or wool/nylon. I have been interested in the superwash. You see I felted by accident my first pair of socks!

Where do you usually knit socks?
Anywhere and everywhere. That is what I like about socks. If the pattern is easy you can do it waiting for kids, at school programs, Dr's office. My favorite place is on the dock while I soak up some rays.

How do you usually carry/store small projects?
The yarn is in a ziplock bag and I am currently using my Longaberger medium Boardwalk basket as my purse and knitting bag.

What are your favorite sock knitting patterns?
I love the Jaywalker, and a simple sock pattern from Holly Spring Home Spun. I have a snake pattern that I hope to try next.

What are your favorite sock knitting techniques?
I use dpn's and go from the cuff down. I have to be SHOWN new techniques by a living person and not a picture so I haven't tried any other methods although I look at them online....

What new techniques would you like to try?
Maybe magic loop as I know Becky can help me with that :)
Do you prefer circulars or dpns for sock knitting?
dpn's right now

What are some of your favorite yarns?
I love em all!! Julia's Vesper yarn, Claudia's Handpainted, have STR but haven't knit with it yet. Sundara's yarn has lovely color, koigu

What yarn do you totally covet?
I have tried without success to buy Sweet Georgia's yarn and Knitting Sunshine's. Dave has some nice yarn at his Mercantile, I like small batch hand-dyed unique colors. I like to buy yarn from fellow bloggers that have etsy or their own shops. I have bought very little sock yarn from lys.

Any pattern you would love to make if money and time were no object?
In my case talent and experience are more a factor. But as far as pattern I would have to say that I covet Nancy Bush's "Vintage Socks" and would like to make the Children's socks and several other pairs from that book.

Favorite kind of needles (brand, materials, straights or circs, etc)?
For dpn's I like bamboo and comfort zone and those white acrylic that have some give that I can't think of the name for.... I am picky about the circulars and recently I tried Addi Natura and I liked them alot. The turbos are just too slick for me. I have a Denise set and love it as well.

If you were a specific kind of yarn, which brand and kind of yarn would you be?
I would be anything but acrylic!

Do you have a favorite candy or mail-able snack?
Not really. I love all things chocolate!

What’s your favorite animal?
Sheep of course
Do you have pets?
No
What are their species/names/ages?

If you were a color what color would you be?
Bright green
Describe your favorite shirt (yours or someone else’s)..
Soft white cotton sweatshirt with trees and mountains on it in shades of purple, green and blue. It is very soft and is lightweight. Why I have it on right now!?!

What is your most inspiring image, flower, or object in nature?
Smith Mountain Lake

Tell me the best quote you’ve ever heard or read.
There is a time to every season....... a time to laugh, a time to cry.....

That is alot to answer!! I am tired better go get my bathing suit on now.....

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay Miss Emmy, making the rest of the KnitingChicks drool with envy - that view of the lake is wonderful!!! I'm glad you're on vacation - what a great time of year - perfect weather - good knitting - what more could you ask for? I hope we'll see you on Thursday :>

Carol

5:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Primary Pulmonary Hypertension
Primary Pulmonary Hypertension