Saturday, June 10, 2006

What a Procrastaknitter I am !


WHY oh WHY do I wait til the very last minute for most of the things that I do? It only adds stress. I know that and have been knowing it for years but still I persist. I must say that I have been known to do some of my best work while "under the gun" and truthfully it doesn't usually stress me out any more than usual. Except for today....

Today I HAD to dye my Dye-O-Rama Swap Pal her yarn. You see it has a deadline. of Monday. to be mailed out! Now I don't rightly know why I just didn't wait until tomorrow. But the sun was shining today and I got busy!

I used 100% merino I bought from Yarn2Dye4 at the Spring Fiber Festival. You guessed it! I only had the one skein. You see I had intended to buy some Knit Picks Dye Your Own Wool but with all this dyeing going on they were out. This meant that perfection needed to be the order of the day.....nothing stressful there! Ha.

Skeining supplies out on the table~ All systems GO!


I was using Kool Aid and had been reading up on the internet for quite some time. Preparing myself as it were. I seriously UNDERESTIMATED the amount of Kool Aid I needed. I had to go out and buy more after I flipped the yarn over and saw how white the underneath was.

Food Lion gave up what I needed and the yarn got dyed. It really is fascinating to watch the water you squeezed out of it run so clear.

I took the yarn in for a steam bath in........are you ready for this one? I kid you NOT! I used the rice steamer. It had the basket and a built in timer. Perfect. After it steamed the colors really brightened up and intensified. I am really pleased at how my rice steamer worked for this. Who would have known.

Tomorrow I will show the yarn all dyed up and dry hopefully. Gee I hope she likes it.

It has been a long day for this "procrataknitter. As a matter of fact I think it is tomorrow already. Well I just checked and it is tomorrow.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mary said...

I did some Kool-Aid dyeing last weekend which was a lot of fun, but messy! We "cooked" ours in the microwave, which seemed to work well. I learned that I think I'd rather have the professionals dye my yarn!

10:48 AM  
Blogger alison said...

Wow, colorful! I'm still totally amazed every time I rinse the yarn from kool-aid or acid dyeing and find that the colors don't run. It's like magic!

9:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Primary Pulmonary Hypertension
Primary Pulmonary Hypertension