Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Whew!! I made it!!

The Dye-O-Rama Deadline that is! I was sure sweating it because it was my understanding that the chief DyeMama would hunt you down and do God only knows what to you if you did not complete and mail your skein on time. She warned of this when one signed up so even tho I procrastaknitted I made the deadline and my yarn and some other goodies were mailed out on June 12th with just a few minutes to spare.

I think it turned out ok. Well it is bright and I like it and will try to duplicate it for myself at some point but it sure took a lot of Kool-aid. I had to shop THREE times to get enough not to have white spots.

Here are some pictures of the finished product so you can have a look and see what you think...

Saturday afternoon projects completed yarn and a baby sweater "seaming party"

Reskeining because...well just because I think it made the yarn look better. The good news...the color changes are so frequent that I don't think there is much room for pooling.

The finished product. It is a rainbow of fruit colors so in my mind I have been calling it "Skittles"

This was fun but a lot of work. I think I like the "experts" to dye my yarn, So I will continue to support the small independent shops and etsy. I am in awe of all you dye(ers) you totally rock.

Well now I just have to wait to see if she likes it....

4 Comments:

Blogger Suzanne said...

I absolutley love it! and skitles is the perfect name for it.

Sorry you found it tough....Im not going to be able to buy skittles from your etsy shop anytime soon I guess.

7:45 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

I love Skittles! It looks fabulous re-skeined. Here's a dumb question -- how does one do that?

1:54 PM  
Blogger KnitPastis said...

My Yarn came in the mail just as we were headed out for the day. Thank you so much Dye-O-Rama Pal and Skittles is so pretty!! I will do a proper posting on my blog to show my new yarn off on my next post!

11:50 AM  
Blogger Lone Knitter said...

I'm sure that your Dye Pal is going to love her yarn. It turned out so vibrant.

2:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Primary Pulmonary Hypertension
Primary Pulmonary Hypertension