Saturday, January 28, 2006

B is for.....


Bad Blogger....well maybe not bad but Busy yeah that's it busy. Anyone out there Buying that? Nope. didn't think so. Time is running out for letter B so I better get busy!

Actually in my world B is for BOAT. You can't love the lake as much as I do and not have an affinity for Boats. They take me around the lake I love so much and allow me to see it in different seasons. I must confess I have not seen the lake by boat in winter. That is just a bit too cold for me. But I love it Spring, Summer and maybe most of all in the fall. I give you BOATS.....



1st up is the "Ice Cream" Boat. The story goes that some industrious college students used their parents boat to make money over the summer break by selling ice cream from the boat. It is authentic right down to the song that they play. The drawback...You have got to eat that ice cream QUICKLY!!




The Virginia Dare is a floating restaurant. Soon. very soon I hope to dine on it and cruise the lake in winter.


This is one of my favorite boats that I see on the lake. Love it's name...



My favorite boat ...........Our "Grady White". The boys are just having fun on a summer's day. Oh how I miss it. ALL.

I leave you with a picture of one of my favorite views.....


Over the Bow of the Boat

2 Comments:

Blogger sheep#100 said...

Thanks for coming by my blog today. I really enjoyed knitting those socks - until the stress at the end.

Looks like you really enjoy your boating!

12:22 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

My brother has a house down at Lake Gaston and the ice cream boat seems to know that there's always a ton of kids at their house and just pulls up to the dock without hesitation. I think I even have a picture of that, if you're interested!

-Mary
http://marysvirginwool.blogspot.com/

9:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Primary Pulmonary Hypertension
Primary Pulmonary Hypertension