Sunday, October 09, 2005

Seriously Behind and How FFF Kicked My Behind

Sorry this update was so long in coming.....but

I tell y'all I am not as young as I used to be and I hate really hate to admit that. I was just "plum wore out" last weekend after spending the day at the Montpelier Fall Fiber Festival. I think it was all the excitement leading up to it ( I was beyond excited) and the very late night and early rising on a SATURDAY!!! I was at Panera at 7am ready to rock and roll. I am not a morning person but I sure was that day. Let me just say that I was not disappointed in the festival and I am already looking forward to next year. Here are some pictures from the day.......


This is Pam( on the left) with author Barbara Hurd, she just signed Pam's copy of her( Barbara not Pam) new book Soulful Knitting. Please note Pam's sweater yep...she made it! Isn't it gorgeous?! As the heat of the day came on it had to come off tho.





This is an alpaca ( I think ?I am afraid I don't know the difference between an alpaca and a llama!!) we decided that it looked a bit like Pam...her thought not mine but who am I to disagree? Could that be a younger brother or sister? So cute!
















Here is the back of the van. Pam's grey carrything ( nope !I won't say here what Becky called it.. hehe) That gray box is full and fortunately it is not all Pam's. She graciously allowed us to use it as well. I think next year we might all need one! I am going to post pictures of my "haul" next weekend so I can photograph it at the LAKE!







If you look closely my socks were finishing drying on the little "loopy" things but I ended up not needing them. The day was so warm that they were toasty when we got back to the van.


I was a lousy photographer that day...not any good pictures of the rest of the gang. I had some of the FFF itself but there are many total strangers in that picture and I wasn't sure of "blog etiquette" and publishing random people. Some of the folks I wanted to see were unable to make it or got there after we were worn out and long gone. I am making plans for Maryland next....

Now....some of you may be wondering about my piggy and how much he held??? I think I will save that one for tomorrow. I promise! so stay tuned. I also have pictures of the prize choices taken before the rain came in.and I will announce the winner! I had the pictures but the camera was at the lake without me. Figures....I have time to post and my pictures aren't here. Next weekend I will hopefully get some good lake in the fall pictures. Let's hope so!

1 Comments:

Blogger Amie said...

Yup - that's an alpaca. Llamas are much bigger (topping 6 feet to the top of the head) and don't have the three stooges haircut. That was a full grown alpaca - usually under 5 feet to the head, and MUCH sweeter personality wise. Which is a shame since in their native Peru Llamas are pack animals and alpaca are meat.

7:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Primary Pulmonary Hypertension
Primary Pulmonary Hypertension