Saturday, September 03, 2005

Just Passing Through

I have been on vacation this past week and I did get a somewhat late start in going to my beloved lake. Some things just can't be helped. I decided that I would take my time on Wednesday and visit Mom and Dad. Now there are several ways to get to the lake and to Mom and Dad's so I decided to take the route that I knew would take me right past the turn off to get to Holly Spring Homespun. ( Good thinking huh?) I had never been but I have heard good things about the shop. Several girls from Knit Nite took a dyeing class there in June.

Now let me tell you I was NOT disappointed. The shop is quaint and Kathy could not have been nicer. I got there about 15 minutes before closing and she very kindly did not rush me and let me look and shop to my heart's content. Let me just say that my heart could have bought a whole lot more than my pocketbook would let me. She has some nice yarns, patterns and notions that I have not seen elsewhere. I can't say enough about how helpful and friendly Kathy was and especially at the end of the day. It is well worth the trip out to Powhatan if you are in the Richmond Va area to see all that she has to offer. Would you like to see what I made off with?






This is some of Kathy's hand dyed superwash merino in a colorway called "Mixed Berry" I have found a sock pattern and some "Blueberry Waffle Socks" are in my future. I got a pattern I couldn't resist for a top down sweater that I may be able to adapt to make my HP Weasley sweater. I know I KNOW... I am a kid at heart just can't help it sometimes.







I was very excited to find that Kathy had the lovely beaded stitch markers made by Lawre's Laine. I have been looking at these online because I needed some larger ones. Liz had made me some beautiful ones but I needed some more for my larger needles. I had even ventured into Michaels to see if I could make some myself. HA! It was just way too much to even think about. I think these are beautiful and appear to be well made. If you are interested in seeing more here is a link to her site where she sells them online. http://www.lawreslaine.blogs.com/

Or you could go to Holly Spring Homespun. I left some there I promise! Here is a link to her online store as well. http://www.hollyspringhomespun.com/index.php
BTW if you are interested in knitting socks she has a great free simple pattern and a turorial on her website. It is the first pair that I EVER finished.

Well it is another sunny and NOT humid day here in Paradise so I must go. Hope that you are having a great holiday weekend.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you been frustrated trying to find residual income for your life? if so, check out the ebook from The Real Income, it has a wealth of information on making money while working from home.

Visit work from home mom site. It pretty much covers work from home mom today to learn more.

9:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Emmy, I love reading your blog! I will definitely have to go to the store in Powhatan -- it looks yummy. We missed you Wednesday -- see you tomorrow nite!

8:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Primary Pulmonary Hypertension
Primary Pulmonary Hypertension