Knitter's Virtual Vacation Swap
I signed up to take a Virtual Vacation with some other knitters. There is a great blog set up for the swap with interesting contests and lots of great pictures and some really nice knitters. If you are interested in reading more HERE it is.
Here are my answeres to the Questionnaire
1. If you could visit any state in the US, which would it be and why?
I would like to visit Maine in the early fall. I like to visit yarn shop and antique stores. I hear that Maine has plenty of both of those and it would be so beautiful in the fall.
2. If you could visit any country in the world, other than your own, which would it be and why?
I would visit Australia because I think there would be so much to see that is different from our country. The outback and kangaroos,Perth and My sister's good friend.
3. Have you ever driven across several states/providence/countries?
Yes. One of my favorite vacations EVER involved driving from Virginia through North and South Caroline down to Savanah Georgia. I spent the week at a hotel and while my dh worked during the day I stayed by the pool and read. My biggest regret is that I wasn't knitting at that time. We went sightseeing and out to eat every night. This was BC - before children. A couple of years ago we drove through Va to Tennessee and into Georgia and ended up in Alabama. That was fun as well. I WAS knitting then and squeezed some yarn shopping into that trip!
4. Have you ever visited someplace you consider exotic? Where was it?
Not really. I'm still dreaming about that type of trip.
5. What was your favorite "travel" vacation? Why?
Some years back my dh was working on a project on the west coast. At the time I had one child and expecting son#2. My son and I flew to LA to spend some a week there with my dh and travel with him to spend 2 weeks in Monterey. It was the longest vacation I have ever taken and it was the first and so far only time I have flown. Monterey was beautiful and the hotel was on the beach. We toured much of the coast. We ate at a mountainside restaurant that is fairly well known. Nepenthe. I have around here somewhere a picture and I am pretty sure that the lady sitting behind us in sunglasses is/was someone famous.I never really noticed her until I got the pictures back. Again I wasn't knitting and that is a reall shame. I do seem to remember some cross stitiching tho.
6. Have you ever played tourist in your own home city/state (if international, country)? Explain.
Yes. I do it all the time. We love to explore our state. I am very comfortable traveling throughout all parts of our state and know it very well. We have explored Williamsburg, Petersburg (a city rich in Civil War History) Appommattox and Bedford,Lynchburg and Roanoke.
7. Are you a museum visitor, beach comer or an amusement seeker?
I am a beach/water sun person at all times. Give me some type of water- Beach Lake, river or stream. I love to knit beside some type of water. LOVE it.
8. What's your favorite type of yarn?
I am partial to any type of natural yarn- I like it bright and colorful
9. What's your least favorite type of yarn?
acrylic and most novelty yarns. Although there are times I like to knit a funky scarf in a mixture of novelty yarns.
10. What items do you like to knit/crochet?
socks, scarves, sweaters, mittens, hats
11. What do you pack, knit/crochet wise when you go on vacation?
Why I take most everything. I have a nice big basket I take filled with current and past wip. I never get too much of it done. In the summer when it is hot I am finding that I like to knit a sock because they are light and don't make my lap hot!
12. What other crafts do you do/would like to do other than Knit/Crochet?
I have done a little bit of everything during my life but for right now Knitting is my thing and what I enjoy most. I wouldn't mind trying my hand at some pottery as that is a love of mine.
13. Are you allergic to anything? (Yarn wise or treat wise)
Just the stuff outside in spring and fall. I seem to get along fine with all yarns.When it comes to scents I am allergic to most floral scents and find that I do well with "food" scents - cinnamom, banana bread, cookie dough...you get the picture!
14. What is your favorite color? Least Favorite?
green is my favorite color but I really like anything that is bright and colorful
15. Sweet or Savory (Treat not personality)?
Love both of em!
16. Anything else we are forgetting to ask that you think your partner desperately needs to know?
I love and need coffee in the morning to get me going.
Thanks for reading all through this!
Today is my baby's birthday. He has told everyone that he is in the "double digits" today. I have to find the the card reader for the pictures. He wanted a pinata and it was hilarious. I still can't believe how grown up he is getting to be.