Thursday, December 06, 2007

A New Friend

I have really been enjoying the Winter Wonderland Coffee Swap that I joined. Our mission this week was to make a new friend in the coffee swap and then to post about them. Being the procrastiknitter that I am it seems that I have waited until the last possible moments. I chose to visit the swapper just above me in the list so I visited the blog of Emiko. I discovered that she lives in the Pacific Northwest and they have just had a snow that turned into some major flooding!! It was so bad in her parking lot that she had to call into work!! The sad news was that her mailman could not get through the water with the package she was hoping to receive. But I do hope that there was lots of knitting time on this unexpected day off!!Emiko is an awesome cook! I can't wait to read more of her blog and see what she has made! The homemade dressing that she made for Thanksgiving looked soooo good! I love dried fruits in dressing. I am going back to her blog to see if the whole recipe is posted. She has a picture of a huge pile of homemad bread cubes. YUM!! Finally we both share a love of a good cup of coffee that is especially enjoyed on a weekend morning!! Soon! Just one more morning to go! I really enjoyed spending time with Emiko. Here is a link to her blog in case you are interested in visiting as well.
Just so you don't think that I have turned this into an Elliott listening, Coffee Drinking kinda blog here is a little knitting content: I have a finished hat, an almost finished sweater, a new scarf and a new hat on the needles. But since I have no new pictures here is one of my favorites. My Mom made me this stocking when I was a girl. I still want to take time when I visit home to see if I can find the pattern to this and make it for my children. I think I could do it. I really do.

Well stay warm and safe and I will try to have some FO pictures for you this weekend.

3 Comments:

Blogger Mary said...

what a cute stocking!

5:54 AM  
Blogger Robin said...

I love that stocking, I made one for my daughter when she was born from a kit...you just can't find them anymore!

8:21 AM  
Blogger Robin said...

I saw a really cute stocking yesterday. It was knit (and maybe felted ?) and then they used I-cord in the outlines of a gingerbread man, holly, a stocking, etc. The stocking was white and the I-cord was brown for the gingerbread man, green for the holly, etc.

8:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Primary Pulmonary Hypertension
Primary Pulmonary Hypertension