Friday, January 26, 2007

Well It's Been A Week

and...
On my way home tonight I was reflecting on what I was doing just one short week ago. Pam and I had arrived in Clarksville and were checking on the arrival status of the rest of our group while planning to go to dinner with the gals from the Richmond TNK group. It was interesting that night to see as it progressed how we all became friends. It never ceases to amaze me how the love of some fiber and sticks can bring people together. If you have never experienced it then you probably think that I am nuts but I have a feeling that most of you that stop by here and knitters and you "get it".

As you have probably read we had DOOR PRIZES lots and lots of door prizes. I was the lucky recipient of 2 books and green LOCKABLE row counter. We had a couple of grand prizes and Sheddy and Robin C were the BIG winners!
That is Robin with a huge hank of mohair and Sheddy won a Lawre's Laine bag. Happy Gals!

Tami won some yummy candy. Her pj's were too cute- they glowed in the dark.


Please take note of Pam's handknit sweater and necklace. Her eye and talent are amazing. She is always creating something extraordinary.

I am almost finished the back of the sweater I started last weekend. I know that for many of you that is slow and your sweater would be done- but for me it is huge!! In more ways than one.

Take care and knit happy.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wish we could roll back time and do it all over again!!! What a fun weekend and great to finally meet you!

1:01 AM  
Blogger Suzanne said...

Winner! But then, you are always a winner when you get to KNIT!

8:33 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

Wish I was still down there with everyone! Looking forward to the next opportunity!

1:18 PM  
Blogger Suzanne said...

Its been so long! Your blog jumped off my Bloglines list somehow...I kept saying "when is Emmy going to update?" and then I realized that LakeKnitter had disappeared.

I work at the Midlo JTCC library; its been great though. Helen helps me pick my classes and is very encouraging. Having a mentor makes such a difference!

I am still going to library school in my "free" time through Florida State--all online. They have a cool program; I never have to go to FL ever, and I get in-state tuition. It really helps to never have to go to class; I never need a babysitter.

Sounds like you have found the Tuesday night knitters! I bet they are a fun bunch! Enjoy!

Suzanne

7:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Primary Pulmonary Hypertension
Primary Pulmonary Hypertension