Monday, January 01, 2007

2007.....A Fresh Start

Happy New Year !!

Yes! Blog friends and real friends and those of you that fall into both categories (you know who you are) I feel the need for a new start with this New Year. I have spent the better part of the day Blogrolling around and reading so many inspiring New Year's posts and I have found that it was depressing my lazy self. Have you SEEN some of the knitblogger's FO's?? Well I have and I am blown away. I am amazed at how many of these talented gals made good on their 2006 promises. and their plans for 2007 is nothing short of amazing. I should link to them but I didn't actually keep track of where I was, as usual I was wandering aimlessly.
But I have found motivation and inspiration and my goals and resolutions are simple:

1. POST MORE

2. KNIT MORE

3. EAT LESS

I could elaborate more on each of those but I won't. I will save it for another time. Need more POSTS remember- that's at least THREE separate posts there! More if you count the "eat less".

In noticing all the FO's out there all I could think about was my UFO's because I certainly have alot of them. Maybe I will pull them out for a picture. Nope that is a post for another day when the light is better.

And just because this IS a knitting blog supposedly here is an overexposed picture of the lovely lightly variegated mohair that I bought at the Fall Fiber Festival. I bought it to make a lovely airy sweater that when I got the pattern in the mail EVERY row was a pattern row! There were no purl back rows. After about 4 or 5 false starts that included not even being able to COUNT the stitches with the mohair (very hairy indeed...looks like more stitches) I gave up and decided to find another pattern. It came to me late Saturday night that I already had the Noro book with Lizzy in it that I had wanted to make and even though I have the Noro I am attempting Lizzy in the mohair. Will it work? I have no idea. I did swatch and it looked right on but.....I guess time will tell. One thing I am sure of tho- is that I love love the colors and subtle changes of this yarn. Working with mohair not so much. But you can't have everything. So that is my New Year Project newly on the needles.



2 Comments:

Blogger IndigoMuse said...

That's some fuzzy stuff. Have you considered knitting it another yarn? I've found it very helpful to do that when knitting with mohair. Otherwise, you'll make yourself crazy. At least I have when I try to knit it plain :)

Happy New Year!

Tanya

1:36 PM  
Blogger IndigoMuse said...

A couple of pattern suggestions: Hourglass from Last Minute Gifts, Kyoto from Knitty (I made one of these a year or so ago out of mohair) and Cactus Flower from Knitty. Best of luck!

Tanya

11:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Primary Pulmonary Hypertension
Primary Pulmonary Hypertension