Sunday, May 13, 2007

Mother's Day

This weekend has been a whirlwind of activity both work and personal but I couldn't let the day end without saying a special THANK YOU to my Mom. Not that she will read this- she laughingly remarks that she doesn't know how to turn on a computer. She is not kidding. But that's ok not everyone is destined to travel the electronic highway and my Mom is content the way she is. She loves her family and her home. She likes to watch Jeopardy and "The Wheel". She gets her hair fixed every Friday and she goes to church on Sunday. It is hard for me to admit that she is slowing down and this most recent illness has taken it's toll. I spent the day with her- trying to get her to eat and drink. She is getting better but it is very very slow. It gives Mother's Day a whole new meaning when you realize that you may never again have the Mother you grew up knowing and loving. Not that you won't always love her that never changes but it is different. I guess what I am trying to say is "Make every day count" Everything can change in a blink of an eye. No pictures this year! But here is a picture from last Mother's Day.



This was taken in March when we celebrated Mom's Birthday. My niece is also born in March so we make it a big celebration every year. The cute one in green- he's mine.



My small contribution to the 400th Anniversary of Jamestown. And no you couldn't talk me into going there on a bet!!



Wishing you all a Happy and Healthy Mother's Day.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Emmy, you are so right that we need to cherish every minute with our moms. I hope she continues to get better...

7:52 AM  
Blogger Dana said...

That was a lovely post! I hope you printed out a copy and gave it to your mother. :)

I live in Moneta and was delighted to find another "laker blogger."

1:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Primary Pulmonary Hypertension
Primary Pulmonary Hypertension