Sunday, September 10, 2006

Saturday Sky....not so much

I confess: Yesterday the sky was just ok. Some sun and overcast but nothing that great. I didn't get out the camera. I knew that there would be a great big full moon rising up over the lake on Saturday night. THAT is STILL a Saturday Sky. Right? Right. I have read that some people think that you are supposed to run right out on Saturday morning and capture whatever sky is out there and post it right away ON Saturday. Well sorry. That just doesn't work for me like that. I am a flexible type of gal. Prone to bend and shape the rules as I would like them to be. Saturday sky is a Saturday sky regardless of the time....and with my schedule I will post it when the computer and I have a minute (or longer) ALONE!! Having bored you to death with MY interpreatation of "SATURDAY SKY" I give you the Saturday night "Full Moon Reflecting in the Lake" picture. Can you see the reflection. It's right there at the bottom. I almost missed the window of opportunity for capturing it.















I am also going to share a SUNDAY morning sunrise sky because for some reason I was up early( I know...this doesn't happen often!) and managed to capture the pink tint of the clouds reflecting in the lake.











I have quite a few "works in progress". Some of which are nearly finished.
Since I won't be here next weekend I will take some KNITTING related pictures in a few minutes to share as the week progresses.

OH! I do have a question. Robin of For the Love of Fiber had thought she was the last blogger/knitter to make the infamous Clapotis. It turns out from her comments that she is NOT!! It sounds like there may be a ClapALong2 or 3 or more!!I have also not made the Clapotis although I have had some yarn that I thought would be nice since last year's Fall Fiber Festival. Mmmm I think I have a picture of it around here somewhere ......there we are. This is Interlacements "Little Toes" I am pretty sure that there is enough yardage but I am not sure if it is the right yarn for Clapotis. What do you think? What has your experience been? Would I be better with something like seasilk or a soy yarn? I would love to hear your thoughts on this. Fall Fiber is just around the corner...again!


Enjoy the last bit of your weekend!

4 Comments:

Blogger Mary said...

Interlacements is beautiful. I've seen a Clap made from ArtYarns supermerino that I thought was just superb. I think Interlacements would also be very very nice.

11:21 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

Pretty sunrise, by the way. And I'm with you on the interpretation of Saturday sky. It's up to the individual blogger, in my opinion.

11:22 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

I got my first ever Interlacements in a swap package this week. It's so wonderful!! That yarn is truely gorgeous.
I've never made a Clapotis either.

12:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That yarn is GORGEOUS!!!! I'm going to the Fall Fiber Fest --- see you there?????

1:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Primary Pulmonary Hypertension
Primary Pulmonary Hypertension