Friday, July 14, 2006

KnItTiNg ??


The view from the camper after a lot and I mean a LOT of rain.....


Yes! I still knit! I just realized that if I didn't squeeze in a post here then I would have THREE Saturday Skies in a row. I have been on vacation this week and most of you know where I have been....yep! I am here at the lake and have had a good week. Lots of SUN, some rain, well right much rain the last two afternoons and some knitting.....

The cake to the back is the yarn I handpainted a few weeks ago, the one towards the front is some wool I bought at the FALL FIBER FESTIVAL last year from Caradan Farms. These yarns are being knit into a special bag for my Knit Socks Kit Swap Partner. It is going pretty well and I hope to finish the bag before my vacation is over and felt it when I get home. When I joined the swap I went in thinking that I would cheat just a bit. I was going to have someone that could SEW make my bag for me. But one of the rules is that you were to MAKE your pals bag. In the end I decided that to cheat was not in the spirit of the swap and since I don't even own a sewing machine I knew that knitting and felting a bag was the way for me to go. I dyed this skein with this project in mind. I am liking it. Not colors I would usually use but it's not for me, is it?

Now I must wonder...what will the Saturday Sky hold for me?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love your bag! I wondered why you haven't posted for awhile -- I hope you had a really nice week.

Beth P.

10:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope to see photos of the bag felted, as I think it will be really cool. I have just one or two more things to gather then your kit will be on its way to you!

11:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Primary Pulmonary Hypertension
Primary Pulmonary Hypertension