Sunday, August 06, 2006

KSKS OH! What a Pal!!

If you have been to the KSKS Blog everyone has "the best Pal" and yes...it seems as if this is a swap that everyone has followed the rules and even gone that extra mile to make their kitter's kit special but I have to say
"Mine was THE best!!" No really. Let me show you why.....



This is what it looked like when I opened it. Keep in mind the paper was much neater and crisper this was re-created after I dug in...you see I just couldn't wait to see who my Pal was and what goodies she put together. My Pal was Anne of Sittin 'n Knittin. Do you see that teenie tiny sock. just too cute! I forgot to photograph the lovely pen and ink Knitting themed card inside but I have every intention of framing it so you will see it again.

What is in the box? I know you want to know. I sure did!! Why it's my handmade project bag with a matching notions bag. Both are fully lined and just perfect in blues and greens my favorite two colors together. There is a knit coffee cup cozie and a gift card to one of my favorite coffee shops. One is nearing completion right here in our small city!


But WAIT there is more!! There is Yarn and even more goodness!!

Here is the whole entire lovely kit. Do you see THAT sock yarn? Yes the one with the pink wrapper! It was custom dyed by SCOUT just for me!! I was looking for that yarn when I opened my box and there is a story there.... some time back I was reading Scout's blog and she had a picture of 4 skeins of sock yarn, some had been custom dyed for this swap. I immediately was attracted to one of them so I clicked on the picture to see more....when I did I learned that this yarn was called "Summer at the Lake" Well HELLO! I am Lakeknitter. I had to have it. I looked closer, I blew that picture up as large as it would go.....why there were ALL my favorite colors in there. Could it be? Could I have innocently stumbled on my very own sock yarn? I was wild with the possibility. I danced about I was so excited about the possibility. And YES! Oh yes! It was for me! Thank you Anne and thank you Scout for dyeing it so perfectly and it is sooo soft!

There was some lovely blue and green "Sockotta" yarn sent by Anne as a bonus because it seemed to go with the bag. I have never knit with that yarn or Scout's so I am looking forward to casting on! A set of Britanny Birch dpns in size 2, a green chibi that will be cherished ( I have been looking for it!), a crochet hook for picking up dropped stitches, nail clippers for clipping threads or nails that may catch my knitting. Some beautiful jasper and turquoise stitch markers. There was some special soap from Minnesota . Anne included the perfect pattern for my yarn- Crusoe from Knitty. I had looked at this pattern last year and liked it but I didn't understand it. Thankfully my knitting skills are improving and I now understand the directions and think that I can handle it! Yeah! and Anne said that she would help me if I get stuck.

Here is a close up of the inside of the bag. Do you see how the Brittany dpns fit into the little pockets. Don't you love this attention to detail? You can hold your project and your socks won't come off the needles and your needles won't poke through. There is velcro on the left side.

So now after all of this I think that you will agree with me that I have the best pal. Thanks so much Anne!! I hope you can tell how much I just love it all! I am using the bag already!!

5 Comments:

Blogger Scoutj said...

:)

11:22 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

I love love love those colors! I think you and I are kindred spirits when it comes to favorite colors. That project bag is fantastic, and Scout's yarn is gorgeous. Lucky you! :-)

5:57 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

What an awesome package! You are one lucky girl!

11:33 AM  
Blogger Sue said...

What a beautiful present. You lucky lucky gal. They are my favourite colors too, and the bag is just gorgeous along with that very special sock yarn. You will have a great time knitting those up.

7:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely kit!

10:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Primary Pulmonary Hypertension
Primary Pulmonary Hypertension